Here is my top ten list of “must have movies” when I travel. Classics, each and every one of them. If you haven’t seen them, run don’t walk!
10. Planes, Trains and Automobiles – the quintessential movie about what can go wrong when you’re on the move.
9. The Big Lebowski – Why travel with it? Because it gets funnier every time you watch it. The Coen brothers have a gift for nuance.
8. Major League – Are you from Cleveland? Do you like baseball? Do you have a pulse? If the answer to any of these is “yes”, download now!
7. (500) Days of Summer – A recent indie classic starring Zooey Deschanel and a hugely underrated Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
6. Dead Poet’s Society – O Captain, My Captain! It never gets old.
5. Paul – Simon Pegg at his finest. A hidden gem.
4. Lost in Translation – Is business travel really that glamorous, even as a VIP? Let Bill Murray explain it. What’s best about this movie is what’s NOT said rather than what is.
3. It’s Kind of a Funny Story – A totally heartwarming story about a teenager who checks himself into a mental hospital. Zach Galifinakis is brilliant!!!!
2. Fletch – Really??? You need an explanation?
1. Beautiful Girls – I call this the best movie you’ve never seen. It’s literally my favorite movie of all time; a great story about the transition into middle age.
In all seriousness, we’re really just scratching the surface here. What movies “must” you have with you at all times? Do tell!!!