Experience the benefits of a wellness resort
With so much stress in our lives many of us think about getting away for an indulgent, stress free, relaxing spa vacation – but the typical spa getaway is evolving into a new kind of indulgence, with Wellness Resorts popping up all over the world … Wellness vacations for the mind, body and spirit.
Wellness Resorts are much more than massages and facials, they are focused on a total wellness experience and are increasing in popularity whether it be to include offerings and treatments that are physical, mental or both. Stress is often noted as one of the main reasons for a wellness retreat or getaway.
SpaFinder has reported, “Given the economic and moral climate, people are increasingly embracing travel with a higher benefit to either themselves (and their bodies) or others, whether that’s wellness tourism or “voluntourism” (travel with a philanthropic component), environmentally aware (eco) travel, or educationally or culturally immersive travel.”
Here are just a few of the high quality Wellness Resort experience location examples:
Canyon Ranch – Lenox, Mass., USA
- 126 Room Berkshires health resort, featuring the Bellefontain Mansion
- Experts are available to discuss topics ranging from nutritious dining to personal wellness
- Amenities include spa treatments of all kinds, healthful cuisine, and an array of outdoor activities including hiking, kayaking, cross-country skiing, and snowshoeing
- More information available at http://www.canyonranch.com/lenox/
The Ranch at Live Oak – Malibu, Calif., USA
- Intense fitness/wellness retreat with a focus on achieving and maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Guests must complete health evaluation before their stay to ensure their participation in the program does not present any health risks.
- More information available at http://theranchmalibu.com/
Six Senses Spa – Ko Samui, Thailand
- Boasts an extensive menu of holistic and traditional treatments conducted by highly skilled therapists using all-natural products.
- Amazing location surrounded by water views that invigorate and energize guests
- Amenities include a beauty salon, sauna, steam rooms, and a gym
- More information available at http://www.sixsenses.com/SixSensesSamui/Six-Senses-Spa.php
Have you considered a wellness spa for your next vacation?