Starting today, Air Canada becomes the first non-U.S. airline to join the Transportation Security Administration’s TSA PreCheck program. With TSA Pre✓, customers can experience expedited security screening by leaving shoes, belts and light outerwear on, and laptops and liquids in carry-on baggage.
The PreCheck program is only available at U.S. airports.
|More about TSA PreCheck
• Navigating the PreCheck lane
• My PreCheck application experience
• Application centers spreading
• Where you can apply
Air Canada’s website has a couple of notes for passengers:
• If you are completing your check-in at the airport directly with an agent (effective April 29, 2014) or using one of our self-service kiosks (effective May 6, 2014), the TSA PRECHK indicator will print on your boarding pass if you are eligible.
• If you are checking in online or on your mobile device, you will be advised if you are eligible and you will need to reprint your boarding pass at an airport self-service check-in kiosk or with an agent to take advantage of the service.
More information is available at Air Canada’s website.