Places to Go, People to See: What to Do at GBTA
With all the excitement and activity that surrounds the GBTA conference, it can be quite the challenge to plan an itinerary that includes the speakers and sessions that are of most value to you.
We’re here to help with that.
The best and brightest from CWT will be there to share insights and learning from their years of experience and dedication to innovation within the industry. They will also be joining forces with other industry leaders to participate in dynamic conversations and present some really informative (and entertaining) educational sessions.
To help you start planning, here is our list of the can’t miss sessions at GBTA this year. While you’re there, you can engage with other attendees and see their comments and activities in real time using these hashtags: #CWTatGBTA #GBTA and #Sharing.
Saturday, July 25
- WINiT Annual Summit Event – C-level executives, including Doug Anderson, CEO of CWT, get together to discuss their individual career paths, biggest missed opportunities and the moment that had the single biggest impact on their careers.
Monday, July 27
- Business Traveler Study: Booking Behaviors – Do Millennials book their travel any different than Gen X or Baby Boomer travelers? Why are some groups more incline to book hotel and air separately while others go out-of-policy? Come be part of the conversation on how business travelers in North America are booking their travel. A panel of experts will discuss findings from a study conducted by GBTA Foundation in partnership with CWT that explored booking behaviors among different groups. Ben Scott, Vice President, Marketing, Americas, will facilitate this forum. 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- Sharing the load: a debate on pros and cons of a sharing economy – Brandon Balcom, Director of Global Product Success & Deployment at CWT, leads this timely debate on collaborative consumption. 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- The Optimization of Booking Air Ancillaries – What steps can be taken to simplify the booking process for travelers in the age of unbundled fares and air ancillaries? Vicky Fernandez, VP and General Manager of Latin America for CWT joins other industry leaders for a thoughtful panel discussion. 11:30 a.m. – 12:30p.m.
Tuesday, July 28
- GBTA Keynote: Future of Distribution Panel Discussion – When it comes to the future of travel distribution, always learn from the best. Industry experts, including Doug Anderson, CEO of CWT, will discuss changing consumer behaviors, new technologies and other valuable topics that impact the structure and business model of travel distribution. 8:30 a.m.
- Exclusive to GBTA: 2016 Global Travel Price Outlook – GBTA and CWT come together to co-present to 2016 Global Travel Price Forecast. Yon Abad, Senior Director, CWT Solutions Group,Americas will facilitate this session. 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- Up Close and Personal : How personalization is changing the world of business travel – We live in an increasingly connected digital world. As a result, what do customers expect when it comes to personalization? Nick Vournakis, Senior Vice President of Global Marketing at CWT presents his insights on personalized customer service and how to make big data and analytics work for you. 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Take your SMM Program to the Next Level with the Latest Innovative Strategies – The name says it all! If you’re ready to implement a best-in-class SMM program, these speakers are the ones to get you there. Brenda Miller, Director of CWT M&E joins other executives to share their expertise. 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Wednesday, July 29
- Fusion of Service and Technology in Energy Resource and Marine – Monisa Cline, Senior Vice President of CWT Energy, Resource & Marine moderates a panel of technology providers to discuss how new tools can be fused with customer service to innovate the industry. 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
See a session you’re really excited about? Tell us about it on social media using the hashtags above. Most importantly, don’t forget to stop by the CWT booth (#1325) to learn more about how CWT is powering the future.